Saturday, March 21, 2009

My taste is vindicated

Dear Readers, for those who have been following my blog, you may recall that I was doubting my own impeccable taste, a very rare admission of a possible failing on my part. This mild anxiety attack was brought on by Ugly Betty, which as much as I love the show, certainly would not want to be tainted with any commonality of taste with its protagonist. Please see my earlier post below to remind you of the issue at hand, my love for pearl or other bead dangles or drops from pendants or earrings.
Upon watching the Other Boleyn Girl and seeing the B pendant with pearl drops that Ann wears, which is nearly identical to that worn by Ugly Betty, I was doubting the art direction of the film, and wondering about my own taste. A crisis of faith in my own instincts.
Intrigued by the story in the Boleyn Girl movie, and wanting to better understand the history, I did a quick google on Ann Boleyn and imagine my enormous relief when in the Wikipedia entry on her, I found two paintings of her dating from her time, below:



See the B pendant, with the three pearl drops? So the art direction of the movie, The Other Boleyn Girl, was accurate, my doubts have been put to rest and my enjoyment of the movie legitimized. Most important however is that my love of pearl drop pendants is vindicated, my faith in my own impeccable taste has been restored. What a relief. I am sure my readers will be relieved as well!

1 comment:

DrewEvans said...

I am so very glad you are vindicated in your tastes. Who knows what kind of wreck you would be if this had turned out differently.